JOB TITLE: Certification / Product Manager
REPORTS TO: VP – Product Management
Foremost International is a successful nationally recognized manufacturer and distributor of branded products serving the home improvement and builder markets across Canada. We design and deliver plumbing products that are functional, affordable and continually improve water reduction, environmental sustainability and overall, a global consideration to the environment. Our customers range from mass-market retailers, small bath boutiques and large wholesale distributors.
We are in Mississauga, at an 83,000 sq. ft. office space and distribution centre, which services all of our national customer’s needs. We employ 40 people within departments of Sales, Marketing, Product Development, Customer Service, and Accounting, Shipping and Receiving.
Reporting to the VP of Product Management, this position will be responsible for the engineering, testing and certification management of our plumbing products – specifically ceramic sanitaryware. The position will also collaborate with the product management team to bring the best performing, high quality and designed products to market for both the retail and wholesale channels.
- Responsible for all steps to initiate and deliver all product testing, annual audits, listings, and compliance certifications for our products to meet the market standards. This may include (IAPMO, MaP, WaterSense, KCMA, LEED, EPD, LCA, DOE and CEC).
- Engage with external networks, such as Certification firms, Government bodies, testing operators, to continually be knowledgeable and up to date on all information in related to standards or codes changes within a province, state, or country.
- Responsible for documenting any quality issues, helping to set corrective action plans, and relaying the details to our factories for study and implementation.
- Working within the team to be a support to review and provide detailed feedback regarding the specifications of products in development stage to ensure they comply with the applicable standards and certifications.
- Provides technical confirmation and details to internal and external customers when called upon.
- Assist with creating ECN (engineered change notice) and implementation of change when required.
- Work as a team player with engineering staff to serve as a resource during the engineering phase of development.
- Stay informed of the capabilities of the manufacturing operation regarding the products to ensure we are meeting our standards for both certifications, costing and design.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preference in engineering or a concentration in commercial and/or industrial design.
- 3 – 5 years of practical experience within a role that had knowledge and use of working with the certification bodies outlined above.
- Knowledge of plumbing products, specifically ceramic sanitaryware manufacturing.
- Extensive knowledge of building and plumbing codes, accessibility requirements, testing standards in plumbing related products for both Canada and US.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with diverse populations.
- Spoken and written knowledge of Mandarin will be a great asset in this position.
- Coordinate multiple projects, timelines and maintaining deadlines. Should be highly organized and detailed.
Start Date: December, 2021
Foremost International Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.